Soft and Flavorful Cornbread



I have always loved cornbread (what is not to like, right!) All cornbread recipes are not created equal though. I have tried several and of all the recipes I have tried this one is by far the best! Thanks Brandy for bringing this dish to my house and introducing this recipe to me! It has a little of everything and just enough of the right things. I grind my own corn to make the cornmeal, which if you haven't done this you are missing out, but you can use store bought cornmeal. I also grind my own wheat, again you can use store bought. If you can grind your own, it is better, but go with what you can do! Enjoy!

1/2 c cornmeal
1 1/2 c flour (half white, half wheat)
2/3 c sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbs baking powder
1/4 c oil
1/4 c applesauce
2 eggs
1 tbs honey
3 tbs melted butter
1 1/4 c milk

Combine all ingredients. Do not overmix! Bake 350 degrees, 25-35 min. Do not overcook!

0 comments:

Post a Comment