Lime Rice



I use this rice for just about anything. Add to enchiladas, burritos, navajo tacos, or just use as a side dish with about any main dish. Add shredded cooked chicken to make it a main dish. I make this often enough that I use bottled lime juice in place of fresh limes because who really has fresh limes on hand all of the time?

1 cup uncooked white rice
2 cups chicken broth (I use "Better than Bullion" chicken base mixed with water)
1/4 tsp salt
Juice of 1/2 lemon (1 tsp bottled lime juice, more if you want a stronger lime flavor)
2 tbls butter
1/4 tsp ground cumin
2 tbls chopped fresh cilantro (optional, very optional at my house because I don't really like it)

Combine rice, broth and salt in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Decrease heat to a simmer and add the lime juice, butter, cumin and cilantro (but who would want to add cilantro?). Stir, cover, and simmer 15-20 minutes, until rice is tender.

0 comments:

Post a Comment