Pasta with Cheesy Tomato Cream Sauce



This is one of my favorites (and Kellie loves it as well as long as I tell her it's Mac-N-Cheese, according to her all pasta is Mac-N-Cheese). Hope you all enjoy it!

2 tbls olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced (I use 1 tsp minced garlic from the jar)
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup cream
1/4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp red pepper
Pasta of choice (I use either Penne, Bowtie or Spaghetti noodles)

1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir garlic until you smell the aroma (usually about 15 seconds). Remove from heat and add spaghetti sauce, parmesan cheese, cream, ricotta, basil, salt, pepper, and red pepper. Cook over low heat until the sauce thickens, 10-15 minutes.

2. Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.

3. Serve sauce over pasta with additional parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.

2 comments:

Grandma Dee said...

All of these really good. I will have to try them. I love your blog. Keep up the good work, it is awesome.

Love,
MOM

cwilson said...

Oh my word! That sounds so good! I will definitely have to try that one!

Post a Comment