Taco Skillet



This was my absolute favorite meal when I was pregnant with my first child. I craved hamburger (I probably needed protein) and this was what I always wanted to eat. Amos is still a little burnt out because we had it so much, but I still love it! Serve with or without sour cream and it goes great with lime rice (see previous post). Yum Yum!!

1 pound ground beef
1 can Tomato Soup
1/2 cup salsa (I use Pace medium and puree in blender for less chunks, but leave as is if you prefer chunks)
1/2 cup water
6 flour tortillas, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Cook the beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat. Stir the soup, salsa, water and tortillas in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes. Top with the cheese.

0 comments:

Post a Comment